at Horowitz Law Offices
We are offering a position of Lawyer’s Assistant to an individual seeking to experience the law firm environment.
The qualified person will take part in and contribute to supporting one or more lawyers in their daily activities. The qualified individual will become familiar with a wide ranging variety of day to day activities of an attorney. If you are not sure whether a law career is compatible with you, this is the position from which you can determine it.
The qualified candidate will possess:
- Excellent skills in correspondence, writing and typing
- Some experience or knowledge of basic accounting
- Be a closer, finish one goal and move onto another
- Verbal and social skills to communicate with clients on a professional level
- Comfortable and proficient with Word, Excel, and can learn a database program in a relatively short time.
- Have a basic understanding of networking
Day to day activities:
- Drafting correspondence for attorneys
- Editing, proofing and formulating corporate documents such as minutes, bylaws, real estate closing forms and estate documents such as wills and trusts
- Preparing excel spreadsheets of income and expense items
- Assisting in preparation of tax returns
- Analyzing legal issues and tax issues
- Filing documents at the courthouse and Secretary of State’s Office
- Maintaining electronic file storage and retrieving documents from paper storage
Individuals who would like to explore this opportunity further can forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org